Don't be a victim
- Have you received a letter, phone call, email, or sms message requesting you to, verify, update or give your account information?
- Have you been asked to, Refund part of a cheque proceeds?
Send money overseas to an unknown person?
Send money to receive a prize or inheritance?
- Are you cashing or depositing a cheque for any of these reasons
Winning a prize, competition or lottery you never entered
Work-al-home program commission for accepting funds through your bank account
If you answered "YES" to any of the above, you may be getting SCAMMED!
Avoid being scammed
- Don't respond to suspicious email, letters, phone calls or sms messages. Stop the call, ignore the email or throw away the letters.
- Never accept an offer straight away, do your research and seek independent advise especially if it involves significant amount, time and commitment.
- Do not send money to someone you do not know or trust - it is difficult to recover your money from a scammer.
- Protect your identity - your personal details are private and invaluable
- Awareness education is important, if you have spotted a scam spread the word to your family and friends.
- Always be alert - Scammers will target you anyhow, anytime and anywhere.
Below are helpful website to assist you further - www.scamwatch.com.au | www.fraudwatchers.org
If you are still uncertain Call our Customer Service Centre on 320 1212 / 7030 1212 or Email: email@example.com