We provide micro loans to small income households and individuals in the informal business sector. These businesses include:
- Fish vendors on street markets
- Food hawkers
- Market vendors
- Village canteens
- Fishermen, farmers, etc.
These micro loans are specifically available to persons who are informally employed and entrepreneurs including farmers, who have the capability and opportunity to undertake activities that can generate income.
- Borrowing limit - $200 to $1,000. Conditions apply for loans above $1,000.
- Loan term - 6 to12 months.
- Account statements issued every quarter on the anniversary of the account opening date.
- A joint borrowers' option is available.
- Loan approval - 24 hours.
- Targets micro-finance customers.
- Unsecured Loan.
- Low fees.
- You must be at least 21 years and over.
- Your must have satisfactory credit rating.
- Gradual savings history with the bank in the last 12 months with total savings equivalent to or in excess of loan amount requested.
- Good sustainable income and clear plan for repayment of loan within the agreed time-frame.
- Additional loans will be granted only when the existing loan is satisfactorily paid off.
- You must not have had any dishonoured transactions for at least the last 12 months.
For more information, please call BSP Customer Care Centre on 132 888 or (679) 3214 300 or send your query through the Contact Us page.